Invitae is seeking an experienced Transactional Attorney to join our Legal team. This Attorney will work on a wide range of transactions, including commercial and corporate matters. The attorney in this position will help negotiate agreements with institutional customers, biotech companies and other strategic partners. S/he will also advise on compliance issues, including privacy, anti-fraud, and other laws and regulations affecting the company’s interactions with health care providers, payers and patients.
- Drafting, negotiating and managing a high volume and wide variety of contracts, including confidentiality, material transfer, master service, research, license, collaboration, university, government and consulting agreements
- Providing practical legal advice and support to commercial and scientific teams during contract preparation and negotiation with respect to relevant contractual provisions
- Implementing improvements to contract templates and the contract management processes
- Training and guiding business teams on the use of contract templates, relevant legal issues, and good contracting practices
- Assisting on various corporate matters, as needed
- Shaping policies and procedures of the company and its ventures
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 - 8 years of experience in the areas of corporate transactional law with prior in-house experience, preferred.
- A Juris Doctor (JD) and CA Law License required.
- Experience in the diagnostic, clinical laboratory or medical device sectors desirable; demonstrated ability to grasp scientific and technical concepts quickly at a minimum
- Experience with compliance programs desirable
- Significant experience in the area of contract drafting and analysis.
- Excellent drafting, negotiation and communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to collaborate, as well as to work independently, balancing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with a high level of professionalism
- Highly effective communication (both verbal and written)
- Business focused and results oriented
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Share this post!
Return to careers page