Development Scientist, Genomic Software
Invitae is a technology driven company with a mission to empower doctors and patients to use genetic information to make informed medical decisions at all life stages. Development Scientists play a key role in driving expansion of our genomic platform capabilities. We work with teams across the company to build and optimize lab, bioinformatic and software solutions that work seamlessly to deliver genomic insight to patients at scale.
Here are some examples of what our Development Scientists do
- Launching a new genetic test is complicated. We provide expertise and work cross-functionally with the lab, clinical team and engineers to make this happen
- When we have a new product or feature to support we work collaboratively to design needed software tools. This design process involves synthesizing input from a range of stakeholders to define the core feature set.
- Design is the beginning of the process but our job doesn’t end there. We prioritize work based on ever changing business requirements and help drive the implementation process.
- Our mission is to bring high quality genetic information into mainstream medical care. We are constantly looking for opportunities to improve operational efficiency.
What you bring
- A strong background in genetics or molecular biology (PhD, MS or equivalent experience)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills - team leadership experience a plus
- An ability to identify development program bottlenecks, find solutions and relentlessly push implementation forward
- A desire to work in a fast paced environment on a wide range of projects
- Programming experience, a background in scientific program management and/or experience working with software developers a plus
Share this post!
Return to careers page