PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING, USING OR BROWSING OUR WEBSITES OR ANY OF OUR CONTENT. BY ACCESSING, BROWSING OR USING OUR WEBSITES OR ANY OF OUR CONTENT, YOU, ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF OR YOUR ENTITY, AS APPLICABLE, ACKNOWLEDGE THAT:
- YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS;
- YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS;
- THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE THE LEGAL EQUIVALENT OF A SIGNED, WRITTEN CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND INVITAE; AND
- IF ACCESSING, BROWSING OR USING OUR WEBSITES OR ANY OF THE CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITES ON BEHALF OF AN ENTITY, YOU HAVE FULL AUTHORITY TO BIND YOUR ENTITY TO ALL OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO BE OR CANNOT BE BOUND BY ALL OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE PRECEDING AGREEMENT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, THEN DO NOT DO NOT ACCESS, BROWSE OR USE OUR WEBSITES OR ANY THE CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITES. MOREOVER, INVITAE DOES NOT AND WILL NOT GRANT YOU ANY RIGHT OR LICENSE TO ACCESS, BROWSE OR USE OUR WEBSITES OR THE CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITES WITHOUT YOUR WILLINGNESS AND ABILITY TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
The information on our Websites is provided solely on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. Invitae is not engaged in rendering investment or medical advice via our Websites, nor do we provide instruction on the appropriate use of products produced, supplied or under development by Invitae, its affiliates, related companies or its licensors or joint venture partners. Access and use of our Websites are subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein and all applicable laws, statutes and/or regulations. Tests available for requisition can only be ordered by an authorized healthcare provider.
Invitae may revise or modify these Terms from time to time. Such changes, revisions or modifications shall be effective immediately upon notice to you, which may be given by any means, including, without limitation, posting on our Websites. If you disagree with these Terms, your sole remedy is to discontinue your use of our Websites. Any use of our Websites by you after such notice shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of the changes.
Invitae will use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on our Websites; however, any information presented on our Websites as of a particular date may only be accurate as of such date, and Invitae disclaims any responsibility to update such information. Information about companies other than Invitae contained in news, press releases or otherwise that are posted on our Websites should not be relied upon as being provided or endorsed by Invitae.
You must exercise caution, good sense and sound judgment in using our Websites. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of our Websites. Any such violations may result in criminal and/or civil penalties against you. Invitae will investigate any alleged or suspected violations, and if a criminal violation is suspected, we will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in their investigations.
You are not obligated to register with Invitae in order to access our Websites. However, Invitae may offer certain features and services for which registration is necessary. You can contact us for more information regarding registering your institution.
We explicitly disclaim liability for any and all losses and damages arising from your failure to comply with this section.
In using our Websites, you agree not to:
- send or otherwise transmit to or through our Websites or to us through email any unlawful, infringing, harmful, harassing, defamatory, threatening, hateful or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, any material that can cause harm or delay to our Websites or computers of any kind, and any unsolicited advertising, solicitation or promotional materials;
- misrepresent your identity or affiliation in any way;
- use our Websites to disclose or obtain another’s personal information, or collect information about users of our Websites;
- transmit or otherwise make available on our Websites any personal information of any individual or any material protected by copyright, trademark, publicity, privacy or other proprietary rights without the express permission of such individual or the owner of such rights, respectively;
- gain unauthorized access to our Websites, or assist others to gain unauthorized access, or to disclose users’ names or personally identifiable information, or to gain or provide unauthorized access to other computers or websites connected or linked to our Websites;
- launch or use any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers,” that access our Websites in a manner that sends more request messages to our servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional web browser;
- send or otherwise transmit to or through our Websites or to us through email chain letters, unsolicited messages, so-called “spamming” or “phishing” messages, messages marketing or advertising goods and services;
- transmit or otherwise make available any virus, worm, spyware or any other computer code, file or program that may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software or telecommunications equipment;
- violate any applicable laws or regulations or these Terms; or assist or permit any persons in engaging in any of the activities described above.