Peer-to-peer support is just a call or click away. Our licensed, board-certified genetic counselors, physicians and laboratory directors are available to:
- discuss specific patient cases
- differentiate between genetic tests so you can select the one that’s best for your patient
- aid in interpreting results
- provide result-specific insights regarding variants, genes and conditions
- identify gene-specific information including published management guidelines, relevant studies and patient resources
Patients can talk to Invitae’s genetic counselors directly and, for certain tests, can even schedule an individual post-test genetic counseling session at no additional charge.*
- General questions: If your patient has a general question about genetic testing, they can call us at (800) 436-3037 Monday through Friday, 5:00 am to 5:00 pm Pacific or email email@example.com at any time.
- In-depth genetic counseling: Once your patient receives their results, they can schedule a genetic counseling session through the Invitae Patient Portal. In these sessions, a genetic counselor reviews their medical and family history, explains what the test results mean for them and their family members, and answers questions. This option is offered in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico for testing related to reproductive health, cancer, cardiology, neurology (only for select tests), ophthalmology or deafness/hearing loss.