Provider FAQs - Covid-19 responses
Our team is hard at work, making sure we are here for everyone who relies on us. We are fully operational and experiencing no disruptions. Invitae is a healthcare/ biotechnology business and is therefore exempt from local San Francisco public health orders and is taking appropriate steps in accordance with all local public health guidelines. Customers can send samples as usual. We have created an information page for customers with instructions on how to leverage our telehealth capabilities during a time when in-office visits are constrained.
We are fully operational and experiencing no disruptions. Customers can send samples as usual. We have implemented a variety of policies to ensure we can continue to provide services:
- We have implemented no travel and a work-from-home policy for most of our team, as well as eliminated non-essential visits to our production facilities. Our organization is well-equipped with remote working technology during normal operations, making the shift to work from home status smooth.
- Report sign-out, customer service, and billing teams are working from home using systems that were designed for distributed work.
- We are maintaining a small team of essential personnel at our facilities in San Francisco and Irvine, California. We have surgical masks, hand sanitizers, sanitizing wipes, gloves and other appropriate cleaning solutions available for use by our on-site team.
- We have further increased high-frequency cleaning and sanitizing across day and night shifts as recommended by the US Centers for Disease Control for hospital environments.
- We have provided private transportation and other support so our on-site team can avoid public transportation and participate in social distancing efforts.
- We are in close communication with our business partners and suppliers. We are not experiencing any shortages and the reagents and supplies we work with are different than those being used for coronavirus testing.