- “What are the different types of genetic testing that Invitae offers?”
- “What is a variant of uncertain significance (VUS)?”
- “What does it mean if I’m a carrier? Does my partner need to be tested?”
- “What does autosomal recessive inheritance mean?”
Genetic counselors are healthcare professionals trained in genetics and counseling. They are experts at explaining complex genetic concepts and analyzing family history to understand disease risk. They also help people understand what their genetic test results mean for themselves and their family members.
Our resource center offers:
Our FAQs offer:
Your family medical history provides powerful insights into your risk of developing certain diseases.
Talking with your relatives about the diseases that are present in your family is very important, but some people are unsure about which family members to talk with, and what information to ask.
* Offered in the US and Canada only. In other countries, your doctor can consult with an Invitae genetic counselor to obtain additional information about your test result.