Development Scientist, LAB and LIMS
Invitae is a technology driven company with a mission to empower doctors and patients to use genetic information to make informed medical decisions at all life stages. Development Scientists play a key role in driving expansion of our genomic platform capabilities. We work with teams across the company to build and optimize lab, bioinformatic and software solutions that work seamlessly to deliver genomic insight to patients at scale.
Here are some examples of what our scientists do
- Launching a new genetic test is complicated. We provide expertise and work cross-functionally with the lab, clinical team, and engineers to make this happen
- When we want to create a new product or improve our automated lab workflows, we work collaboratively to suggest a solution. This process involves synthesizing input from a range of stakeholders to define the core feature set and designing any needed software tools
- Design is the beginning of the process but our job doesn’t end there. We participate in evaluation, quality testing, and internal support of lab processes and software used in the clinical pipeline
- Our mission is to bring high quality genetic information into mainstream medical care. We are constantly looking for opportunities to improve operational efficiency.
What you bring
- A strong background in genetics or molecular biology (PhD, MS or equivalent experience)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills - team leadership experience a plus
- Exceptional analytical and strategic problem solving skills
- Exquisite attention to detail and organization - prior assay development a big plus
- Experience working in cross-functional teams, especially with software engineers or scientists
Share this post!
Return to careers page