Billing and Reimbursement Analyst
The Billing and Reimbursement Analyst will support our billing and client services teams by assuming a wide range of billing and reimbursement responsibilities for a fast growing, genetic testing company.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Provide detailed and actionable reports documenting findings through comprehensive data analysis.
- Support insurance claim processing, analyzing and resolving external and internal billing issues.
- Prepare data for invoice submission to ensure accurate roster billing and account collections.
- Assist in follow-up of roster invoices to facilitate timely payment of account balances.
- Review large data sets for pre-bill submission, check for accuracy of coding/product by payer.
- Collaborate with third-party reimbursement vendor to resolve payer claim processing issues.
- Prepare insurance documentation packages for lockbox processing.
- Collaborate with billing/client services team on insurance and institutional order issues.
- Provide support (when requested) including performing data entry, investigating and responding to client and internal billing inquiries, updating various record keeping systems, upholding company policies, and participating in projects, duties, and other administrative tasks.
- Communicate and escalate reimbursement issues to management as needed.
- Frequent interaction with internal cross-functional teams, vendors and payers.
- Contribute to identification, modifications and improvements for billing/collection operations.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulation policies.s
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors Degree in business, finance or healthcare management related field is preferred
- 4 + years of relevant experience with health plan reimbursement (i.e. Commercial, Medicare)
- Working knowledge of ICD-9/10, CPT codes, HIPAA, billing insurance regulations, insurance benefits, and appeal processes
- Knowledge and experience with insurance billing and payment regulations.
- Strong analytical skills and a high proficiency with Microsoft software applications - Excel (or similar program) and MS Office
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to be nimble and flexible in a growing/changing environment.
Invitae envisions a world in which genomic sequencing routinely informs lifelong health care decisions. We provide comprehensive, rapid, and affordable genome sequencing and clinically relevant interpretations of genomic data. We are committed to enabling the utilization of genomic data in order to improve health, catalyze scientific and medical research, and contribute to improved outcomes for everyone. Invitae is an open, title-free company that operates as a meritocracy. We focus intently on our ability to deliver reliable solutions that contribute to improving people's lives. We ruthlessly eliminate overhead and policies that interfere with productivity. We have excellent benefits. Our San Francisco location is in the hip SOMA neighborhood, near great restaurants. Our office in Palo Alto is right on Sheridan Avenue. Both are a couple of blocks away from CalTrain. Many of us bike or take public transit to work. We work hard during the week and we rest on the weekends.
Share this post!
Return to careers page