How genetic testing works
- You’ll receive a saliva collection kit in the mail.
- Simply provide a saliva sample and mail it back to Invitae’s San Francisco laboratory.
- If you started your order online, you’ll get a text and an email when your results are ready
- Log in to the Invitae portal to see your results, including recommended next steps
- You can discuss the results with a genetic counselor and share them directly with your healthcare team to incorporate into your treatment plan
- If your doctor ordered the test, they will receive your results and you can work together to incorporate them into your treatment plan
Curious about cost?
You have a lot on your mind, and the last thing you need to worry about is another medical expense. That’s why we’ve prioritized making our genetic tests affordable.
Invitae genetic testing
- Most of our tests are covered by insurance. The average out-of-pocket cost for an Invitae test is less than $100
- If you don’t use your insurance, our self-pay price is $250
Virtual healthcare visit
- If you request a test through our website, Invitae will connect you with a Genome Medical provider, who will place your order
- The typical out-of-pocket cost for Genome Medical’s services is $50
- If you are not insured, Genome Medical’s charge is $125
HSA/FSA payments are accepted.