How genetic testing works
- You’ll receive a saliva collection kit in the mail.
- Simply provide a saliva sample and mail it back to Invitae’s San Francisco laboratory.
- If you started your order online, you’ll get a text and an email when your results are ready
- Log in to the Invitae portal to see your results, including recommended next steps
- You can discuss the results with a genetic counselor and share them directly with your healthcare team to incorporate into your treatment plan
- If your doctor ordered the test, they will receive your results and you can work together to incorporate them into your treatment plan
Get a test onlineStart your order without leaving home. This video walks you through the ordering process.
Order through your doctorYour doctor can order your genetic test for you. This video walks explains how it works.
Curious about cost?
You have a lot on your mind, and the last thing you need to worry about is another medical expense. That’s why we’ve prioritized making our genetic tests affordable.
Invitae genetic testing
- Most of our tests are covered by insurance. The average out-of-pocket cost for an Invitae test is less than $100
- If you don’t use your insurance, our self-pay price is $250
Virtual healthcare visit
- If you request a test through our website, Invitae will connect you with a Genome Medical provider, who will place your order
- The typical out-of-pocket cost for Genome Medical’s services is $50
- If you are not insured, Genome Medical’s charge is $125
HSA/FSA payments are accepted.
Your privacy is important to us
We take privacy seriously; one of our core principles is that patients own and control their genetic data. You can log in to your Invitae account at any time to set your preferences and control how your data is used.
Want to hear about research opportunities related to your results? We've got you. Prefer not? You can have that too.