To qualify for the program, please be sure to follow all the steps below.
To place a paper-based order, download the paper order form and complete all sections including eligibility and patient consent.
To place an order online:
- Download and fill out the patient eligibility requirements form, which includes a required patient consent
- Sign up for an account
- Log in and start a new order
- Fill in the required patient information
- Select test type: “Panel/Gene Test”
- Choose “Yes” for "Is there a family history of disease for which the patient is being tested?" and enter family history and upload pedigree if applicable
- If no family history is present, write "Behind the Seizure" in the text box
- Upload the patient eligibility form with the patient consent as an attachment in the "Upload pedigree" section
- Find the Invitae Epilepsy Panel in the test catalog and add it to the order; add Preliminary Evidence genes if desired
- Select institutional billing
- In the “Purchase Order Number” field enter “Behind the Seizure"
- Submit the order
Invitae is in the process of getting the full epilepsy panel New York State approved; please contact Client Services for more information.
|To collect a sample:
- Order a sample collection kit
- Label the sample tube with the patient’s full name, date of birth, and sample collection date
- For additional information on specimen requirements, please click here.
|To receive results:
- Once Invitae receives the sample, you will receive the results in 10-21 calendar days, 14 days on average
- If you created an online account, you can view the status of your order by logging into your account
- You will receive a notification email once the test results are ready